5. Teaching Practice

Produce of Teaching

During my time teaching at UIC Bajada High School, especially in Grade 12 with the subject of Self-Development, there are several procedures that I have to do in the classroom when the teaching and learning process begins. First, the first thing to do after entering the classroom is to ask all students to stand up and ask one of the students to lead the prayer. After finishing the prayer, I greet and ask the students to return to their seats. Next, I can ask them if there are any students who cannot attend the class at that time, however, usually one of the students who is an officer will tell first who the students who cannot attend the lesson are.

Before the learning begins, I provide encouragement to energize the students, the encouragement can be in the form of dances, songs, or games. The next step is to review the material from the previous meeting which helps students remember what they have learned. In the next section, I start the lesson by asking a few questions to get students to guess the topic of the lesson and activate their knowledge of the topic. 

If the students have guessed today's lesson, then I can proceed with conveying today's learning objectives. Questions will be asked at several points with the aim that students can keep their attention on the material. 

I will show a video and will ask the meaning of the video or questions related to the video and learning materials. Students who are able to answer the questions will be given praise such as "good job", "cool", "great", and more. In the middle of the discussion, I will ask students if they have understood or not such as "Have you understood?" or "Any questions?".

If the material has been delivered, then I will provide group activities, students will be divided into 5 groups and will get different types of tasks. At this stage students are given 10 to 15 minutes to discuss.


After discussing, they must present the results of their group work in front of the class with a duration of 2 to 3 minutes.

        

After the group activity, I will ask questions such as "what did you learn from our activity?" or make a connection between the learning material and religion. After that, I will give a quiz in the form of multiple choice and students will answer using 1/4 yellow paper, the quiz will be checked and graded immediately. After the quiz, I will ask students to summarize the material that has been learned. At the end of the class, I give assignments to do at home.

Finally, I ask all the students to stand up and ask one of the students to lead the prayer. After the prayer, I say my greetings and the class ends.

During my teaching practice at UIC, I have been teaching 3 different materials Social Relationships in Mid and Late Adolescence, Emotional Intelligence, and Personal Relationships for the final demonstration.

Link PPT or Power Point: PPT Personal Devolepment

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Amazing Experience at UIC Pink Campus in Davao City, Philippines Through SEA-Teacher Batch 9 2023 Program

1. School: General Information and Academic Administration

My Closing Ceremony